1) Which of these three statements most closely describes your customer information environment?*
A) Our customer information systems remain fragmented. Timeliness and quality of customer data is not trusted by senior management.
B) Customer data is accessible, well-documented, and routinely used across all functional business units. Our ability to use advanced analytical propensity models is still limited, but growing and an area of focus.
C) Our business is organized around well-defined customer segments. Measures of customer value inform how we go to market, develop products, and support our customer base.
2) Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems have been deployed and widely used at our company for:*
A) Less than three years
B) Three to seven years
C) Over seven years
D) No CRM deployment or unsure
3) Given global economic conditions of the past few years, which of these two statements best describes your company's current outlook.*
A) Our corpoate focus remains on cutting costs. Expansion and revenue generation are important, but cost reduction typically takes precedence.
B) Customer service, customer loyalty, and a strategic customer relationship management strategy will be key differentiators for us. Our company is now reinvesting in these capabilities.
4) Our company has a published, corporate-wide policy that governs communication with employees, customers, contractors, and analysts through social media channels.*
5) Considering your company's marketing mix (sales campaigns, channels to market, product messages, use of media), which statement below best characterizes your use of social media today?*
A) Social media plays virtually no role in our marketing mix today.
We listen to selected channels on a limited basis. Our commnication through social media channels is reactive and uni-directional -- that is to say from our company to the general market.
C) Our company can point to at least two or three specific examples where we actively used social media and positively impacted a sales campaign, our brand, press relations, etc.
D) Senior executives understand the power and benefits of fully integrating social media into the company's marketing mix. We use social media channels to "mobilize" customers and influencers to take specific action.
6) We have a company profile on social media networking sites (such as Facebook and LinkedIn) and can tell whether our audience tone is positive, negative, or neutral.*
7) "We are fully aware of our competitors' use of social media." Which selection below most closely describes how accurately that comment applies to your company.*
A) Yes. We routinely monitor their posts and blogs and mine sentiment information from social media channels when competitors are mentioned.
B) Yes. We are somewhat aware of their use of social media channels. We regularly monitor competitive activity on social media channels, though only on a manual basis.
C) No. We are not generally aware of competitors' use of social media except perhaps on a limited, ad hoc basis when individual employees take notice.
8) From the list below, select each of the business functions in your company that has either "listened" to or "engaged" a constituent group through a social media channel anytime during the past six months. (Multiple selections okay).*
C) Industry Analyst and / or Press Relations
D) Investor Relations
E) Customer Service
F) Product Development
9) "Our company has evaluated and selected technology solutions for a social media program. Business owners are collaborating with IT staff to implement these technologies." Select how closely your company resembles that statement.*
A) Not yet or unaware.
B) Yes, and budget is approved for an initial pilot project(s).
C) Yes, and senior executives have funded a budget that provides for a broader social media program across the enterprise.
1 0) Our company is using resources to rapidly develop expertise and thought leadership around social media and its various uses (select all that apply from the list below).*
A) Not currently a focus for our company
B) Outside consulting expertise
C) Technology vendors providing products in the social media space
D) Recently hired social media experts to our company
E) Developing the know-how among existing staff